Monday, January 29, 2007

And the Lord Sayeth "NO"

"No prayers are unanswered, its that sometimes the answer is no."

another Bonoism.

For some reason when something in our lives doesn't go the way we don't want it to we blame someone else. Sometimes we blame God. How can we blame God for anything.

Why can't we as humans accept no.

Why do we believe that God intends everything to be easy for us here on earth once we believe in Him.

Oh I am a Christian only good things happen for me.

How about I am a Christian and even when bad things happen for me I have a greater perspective of what is and is not important and I have a God to pray to who understands and takes care of me.

3 comments:

Kev said...

Welcome back to the blogging world...missed you.

These are good thought provoking entries...I guess one of the reasons I had mostly non-christian friends growing up is that they accepted me for who I was. Funny how it works like that. We do tend to think the grass is greener on the other side and once i become a christian, everything will go my way...what we don't realize at times is that everything doesn't go our way, it goes his way...which should be our way, but isn't always...man, this is confusing.

Anyway, it is hard to hear no - or not hear anything. We are always looking for an answer, and not just an answer, a quick one. As I get older (not that I'm admitting that), I have started to value my friends that take a long time before answering my questions. They think things through, really listen to where I'm coming from, and then answer in a way that will help me the most - not help them, or drive me to a decision with a hidden agenda, but really reflecting back God's love and intentions.

Wow, I've been writing a bit much, guess this really was a thought starter...

Anonymous said...

Right on.

Instead of saying why me? We should ask ourselves why not? Instead of complaining, 'I don't deserve this'. Let's thank God that we don't get what we do deserve.

M@rk said...

Worldly success and blessing doesn't always run parallel with Kingdom success and blessing.

(We) I see life existence from a material perspective and our Christianity can be less casual when we see our purpose from a spiritual view – “how does God see me?”

Looking at our identities and purposes from a relational perspective of wondering “what is God’s will?”

Powerful stuff is God’s will. From a material perspective- what a fantastic, dangerous place to be!